Day 7 is all about the hair! I don’t do a lot of products on my hair because I leave it in its natural state most of the time and style it mostly for occasions/day out etc. One brand that I can completely trust my hair with is Ouai. I’ve tried a few things from Ouai which is a must if you style your hair or love a little volume at the roots. You can get these at the Sephora Holiday Savings sale (until October 30 – November 9, 2020) for much lesser.
Ouai Super Dry Shampoo
I’ve tried a gazillion dry shampoos out there but I always, ALWAYS come back to this one. I tried a natural dry shampoo recently but it didn’t deliver what dry shampoo is actually supposed to do. I don’t use dry shampoo often but on those 3rd hair days when I decide to head out, it’s a saviour! If you had to get only one dry shampoo, I would definitely suggest trying this one. It makes my hair instantly feel like I had a hair wash (like really oily third day hair look washed). It is a super-absorbent dry shampoo that instantly soaks up excess oil and gives amazing volume and body, while leaving my hair feeling clean.
I also love that it is free of sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, and triclocarban. This product is also vegan and cruelty-free.
Ingredients: Ouai Super Dry shampoo has spray formulation and is formulated without talc or powder. It contains –
- Rice Starch: Absorbs oil, helping to lift hair off the scalp creating volume and body.
- Volcanic Minerals: Naturally cleanses and detoxifies hair and scalp.
- Rhodiola Rosea Extract: Helps to fight free radicals making hair appear stronger and healthier.
How to Use:
- Don’t brush hair. Brushing hair can transfer oil from root to mid-shaft to ends of hair.
- Shake the can VERY well.
- Hold can six to ten inches away from head.
- The nozzle is on an angle so tilt can and spray in areas where oil lives—back of neck, back of head, behind the ear, and anywhere the hair is resting on the scalp.
- Shake can between each spray for extra oil absorbing power.
- Rub into hair and watch Super Dry Shampoo completely disappear.
- Flip hair over and spray for extra volume and body.
Price: $32CAD for 127g. I got the full size (126g) and mini travel size (56g) in a value set (holidays 2019) for $40CAD. It is available for holidays 2020 as well. I’ve linked it below.
SHOP THE POST
Ouai Texturizing Hair Spray
This was the first product I tried from Ouai. This is a an ultra-lightweight hairspray that builds incredible volume and texture. It is part hairspray, part dry shampoo, a talc-free multitasker. The formula keeps hair looking full all day with more hold than a dry shampoo.
- Volcanic Minerals: Absorb impurities such as oil and product buildup.
- Texture-Building Copolymers: Deliver the perfect amount of long-lasting hold with each spray.
How to Use: Mist it on dry hair and scrunch strands out with your fingers for a loose, lived-in look. Flip hair upside down and spray for instantly fresh-looking hair. This product is scented with Ouai No. 3 Fragrance, containing notes of Italian bergamot, water lily, and white musk and it smells DIVINE!
SHOP THE POST
Ouai Hair Oil
I use this hair oil after shower and before/after styling my hair. It is a lightweight, multitasking oil that fights frizz, prevents heat/UV damage, and delivers a high-gloss, super-smooth finish to all hair types. This hair oil is packed with African galanga, ama oil, and Asian borage oils to keep color from fading and protect hair from heat damage. It also addresses split ends, and has a fragrance with notes of violet, gardenia, ylang ylang, and white musk. The fragrance is Rue St. Honoré—a French-inspired fragrance with seductive notes of violet, gardenia, ylang ylang, and white musk for a sophisticated and feminine floral fragrance.
I got mine almost a year back and there is still so much left. One bottle easily lasts for two years. This is the only hair oil I use always after shower or when I’m using heat tools on my hair. It makes my hair feel super smooth and soft. I’ve only used it after showers but this can also be used as an overnight hair mask.
- Ama Oil: Penetrates and addresses damaged hair fibers while shielding the hair from humidity.
- Borage Oil: Smooths and reduces the appearance of frizz.
- Baobab Seed Oil: Hydrates and smooths dry hair.
- African Galanga Root Extract: Protects color-treated hair from fading and color degradation.
How to Use:
- Work one to three drops through wet hair and air dry.
- Smooth through dry strands after a blowout to calm frizz.
- To use oil as a hydrating overnight hair mask: Work it in, and rinse in the morning.
Price: $37CAD for 45ml
SHOP THE POST
Have you tried anything from Ouai? They have much more than just hair products now and it look promising. I’ll probably try something this sale. What’s your favourite Ouai product?