Fresh has always been one of my favourite skincare brands so when they launched the new Fresh Sugar Strawberry Exfoliating Face wash, I was eager to find out more about it. I’ve been using it consistently for more than a month now and here’s my take on it.
Price: CAD $42.00
Availability: It is available at Sephora in store & online here
Texture: The texture of this face wash is true to it’s name. It’s like melted sugar with real strawberry extract. It has the texture of a scrub but does the job of a scrub + cleanser. The face wash contains two sizes of sugar crystals that melt away when applied without being harsh on your skin. It also has grape seed oil & cleansing soap berry peel extract.
Results: I’ve been using it for a month now and like that it is a gentle & mild cleanser that doesn’t irritate my skin. It’s a cleanser + scrub and works well even if used everyday. I use it twice a day with my Foreo Luna Play Plus and it makes my skin so soft, smooth because of the exfoliation & clean. It hasn’t given me any break outs so far.
It works great for getting rid of dirt, excess oil and removes makeup to an extent. It isn’t the best for removing heavy makeup but does the trick for everyday makeup that involve CC creams, BB creams and light coverage foundations. I usually use this in my double cleanse routine after removing makeup with a cleansing balm.
Pros of Fresh Sugar Strawberry Exfoliating Face Wash
- Mild & gentle
- Works as a cleanser + scrub. Reduces the need for a separate scrub.
- Works for light coverage makeup removal
- Refreshing & helps cleanse your face off dirt or excess oil
- Exfoliates so well. Leaves my skin feeling so smooth
- Perfect for travel. I don’t have to carry a cleanser & exfoliator. This does both!
Cons of Fresh Sugar Strawberry Exfoliating Face Wash
- I wouldn’t recommend using this as a makeup cleanser. It isn’t made for removal of heavy or waterproof makeup
TJD Verdict: I would recommend it if you are looking for a cleanser that is mild & gentle that also works as an exfoliator.