Hi everyone 🙂
Today’s post is way different from my usual posts! 😛 How you ask? Well, today I’m in the mood to play dress-up and I am here to share a makeup look that I tried recently. This can be used as a festive look now that Navratri and Diwali are just round the corner! From someone whose world revolved around just an eyeliner and lip balm to a person who did a small Luxola makeup haul a few days back, I’ve come a long way in terms of
buying learning new things. 😛 But yes, there are times I like to dress up a wee bit more than usual. This was just one of those days and here’s a look I created with some of my new toys from Luxola 🙂
A little about Luxola before we talk about the products:
Luxola was launched in Singapore in 2011 and has quickly grown into the destination for beauty in Southeast Asia; carrying over 4000 products and serving customers across the region including Australia, India and the UAE.
What defines Luxola is every brand that you’ve always wanted to try in India ad is not available here is easily accessible. Luxola is committed to providing you with outstanding customer service and bringing you the best brands from around the world, under one platform. All of our products are 100% authentic. We carry over 250 brands, of which over 65 brands across multiple markets are exclusive to Luxola.
So this is what I got from Luxola –
1) Sleek Makeup i-Divine Sunset Eyeshadow Palette
2) Sleek Makeup Blush by 3 Palette in Lace
3) 3 Concept Eyes(3CE) Lip Pigment in Electro Pink
4) Wet n Wild XXL Lash Mascara
Fall instantly reminds me of dark lips and bronze/gold eyeshadows! But I’ve given it a Autumn/Fall twist to it by adding in a pop of bright colour to my lips.
But of course, before applying makeup comes skincare. Makeup needs a smooth canvas to paint on, isn’t it?! 😀 During fall, our skin tends to act a little different than usual. Obviously, it’s the climate change that brings about the change in our skin and with that, we need to change or implicate a few essentials in our skin care routine too. I use Forest Essentials Jasmine and Patchouli Night treatment cream and Forest Essentials Rose Water regularly because I have combination skin tone and this duo works well for me. I’ll do a detailed review soon on them 🙂
So here are the products that I’ve used for this Fall 2015 Festive makeup look today –
1) I’ve cleansed my face with a gentle Garnier face wash after which I exfoliated my face with Lotus Oatmeal Scrub, prepped my face with Forest Essentials Facial Toner and moisturized with Forest Essentials Jasmine and Patchouli night cream. Although it’s a night cream, during fall, it serves more as a day cream for me because it provides the moisture my skin needs when dry.
2) After prepping my skin, I directly applied foundation as I wasn’t looking for long lasting makeup but if you want your makeup to long laster maybe for an occasion, you can always use a primer.
3) One can use a concealer before or after applying foundation depending upon the kind of coverage you require. I don’t usually use a concealer but this Makeup Revolution Focus and Fix concealer came in my October Fab Bag so I thought I’d give it a try (although I haven’t used it in this makeup look here. Forgot 😛 ) I have tried it otherwise and like the coverage it gives.
4) After this, I applied Revlon Colorstay Liquid foundation on my Combination/Oily skin. I’m someone who stocks up on BB creams mostly and I hardly use foundation on my skin. But again, for marriages or festivities, I like to dress up a little bit more so that’s when foundation comes in handy 🙂 I’ve been using this foundation on such occasions and it has never disappointed me. Stays matte, doesn’t make my skin oily and doesn’t melt due to sweat or water.
5) After this, I’ve used Sleek Makeup i-Divine Sunset Eyeshadow Palette in the shades I’ve numbered below –
Okay, this is the tricky part. Deciding what goes where! I’ve numbered them in the picture just like how I’ve applied it on my eyelid.
Also, once this is done, BLENDING is the key. Blend, blend and blend until it looks seamless! I love how pigmented Sleek Makeup i-Divine Sunset eyeshadow palette is. It has one matte shade and the rest are metallic mineral eyeshadows. Although they are really bright colours, they blend really well and look toned down when applied. 🙂 I’ll be doing a detailed review of every product I’ve used in this makeup look very soon!
6) After this, I’ve lined my eyes with Maybelline Gel Liner and curled my lashes with Wet n Wild XXL Lash Mascara!
7) Then, I’ve applied Sleek Makeup Blush by 3 in Lace in the shade pointed below 🙂
8) For my lips, I’ve used 3CE lip pigment in Electro pink. It is matte and quite gel like in texture so I’ve used a lip brush to apply it. 3CE lip pigments are intensely pigmented and the colour pay-off is really good!
8) I’ve also used a compact powder to set my makeup but I somehow missed out clicking a picture of that 😛 I’ve used the L’Oreal Mat Magique Compact powder 🙂
So, these are the products I’ve used to create this Fall 2015 Festive makeup look! I haven’t actually tried contouring or highlighting as I’ve still got to master that art. But I hope you guys learnt something new today from this Fall 2015 Festive Makeup look.
Every fashion week this fall/autumn of 2015 was about bronze metallic dramatic eyes, soft pink flushed cheeks and voluminous lashes. And it came right on time for Dussehra and Diwali! 🙂
Also, we have a surprise for you all! If you liked the products I got from Luxola, you could also shop for them here – the best part? Our TJD readers get an exclusive 25% discount on their first purchase on Luxola!! Just use the discount code BLX-TJD 😀 Hurry!! The discount code is valid only till October 31st, 2015
And guysss!! Let me know if you liked these series 🙂 If you did, I’ll definitely do more of these posts! Also, if you have any makeup look that you want us to decode, just comment below and we’ll work on it 🙂
Until next time,
This one is so prettyyyy <3 I love nudes and metallics when it comes to eyeshadow.
Nudes are my eternal favourites @nandini_s:disqus 😀 However, I have started using bright colors, this Sleek palette being the first one and I’m in LOVE ♥
[…] by Mickey Contractor that will help you look gorgeous,this Diwali! Which reminds me, I did a fall makeup look which you should definitely check […]
Thank you @shilpashetty86:disqus 🙂
Loved the look. Simple yet stylish. I would love to see more of these posts 🙂
Thank you Panja ♥
It’s so nice to read your comment! Okay, I’ll surely do more of these posts!